Tri-State Coalition of Historic Places is a not-for-profit consortium of historic sites in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware that are open to the public to interpret the history of the site and region. The Coalition actively works to promote preservation and interpretation of historic sites through education, advocacy, mutually supportive collaborations, technical support & information exchange.
Why join the Tri-State Coalition of Historic Places?
Whether your historic site, house museum, or historical society is run entirely by dedicated volunteers or has a paid staff of museum professionals, the Tri-State Coalition of Historic Places offers a friendly, supportive community with a commitment to excellence. In Tri-State you will find colleagues who share your love of historic places. We offer practical training opportunities, welcoming meetings, and the opportunity to network with people who share the same challenges you do.
Tri-State membership is a bargain: $30.00 per year for individuals and $40.00 for a site (which entitles you to reserve two slots at professional meetings and workshops). Membership gives you:
- a free copy of Standards and Practices for Historic Site Administration, our groundbreaking guide to excellence in historic site operations
- early access and a registration discount to Sustaining Places workshops, supported by the Institute for Museum and Library Services and organized by our partner the Museum Studies Program at the University of Delaware
- free attendance at our annual meeting, which includes a program that will introduce you to new skills and ideas along with current debates in historical administration
- a subscription to our newsletter
- the opportunity to link your historic place to our webpage and to participate in the new Tri-State listserv, an easy way to share events and information and ask for advice from your colleagues